Monday 9 February 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1953 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Andre Sevard: NHL.
- Antonius GM "Toon" Agterberg: Dutch actor (Hunk).
- Gary Franks: American politician (Representative-Republican-Connecticut).
- Father Ezechiele Ramin MCCJ: Italian Comboni missionary priest and martyr (d. 1985).
- Thierry Fortineau: French actor, who died on 8 February 2006 in Paris.
- Ciaran Hinds: Northern Irish actor
- Ciarán Hinds: Irish actor
- Ezechiele Ramin: Italian missionary priest and martyr (d. 1985)
- Gabriel Rotello: American journalist and author founded OutWeek
- Adventures of Superman TV series premieres in syndication
- WNEP TV channel 16 in Scranton Wilkes-Barre, PA (ABC) 1st broadcast
- General Walter Bedell Smith ends his term as fourth director of the American Central Intelligence Agency. Allen W Dulles becomes acting director.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pretend - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
- Anywhere I Wander - Julius LaRosa
- Eddie Fisher - Downhearted
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?