Wednesday 9 February 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1955 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Jm J Bullock: Casper, Wyoming -- Actor (Monroe-Too Close for Comfort).
- Jerry Beck: American historian and author.
- Jim Bullock: American actor.
- Jimmy Pursey: English singer-songwriter and producer (Sham 69 Sham Pistols and Day 21).
- James Jackson "Jm J" Bullock in Casper: Wyoming, USA; actor (Monroe - Too Close for Comfort).
- Jim J Bullock: American actor
- Mark Pottenger: American contributor to astrology through computers. His technical skills include programming of software and asteroid ephemeredes. He was the author of "The Tables of Aspect Research" and co-author, with Batya Stark, of "The Asteroid Ephemeris." He was the Research Director of ISAR until 1995.
- Charles Shaughnessy: London, England -- Actor (Shane-Days of our Lives, Nanny)
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accepts crematory law
- US federations of trade unions merge into AFL / CIO
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?