Saturday 9 February 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Funny Face, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1957 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Mohammed Valli: Moosa; South African leader (UDF).
- Terry McAuliffe: American businessman and politician 72nd Governor of Virginia.
- Gordon Strachan: Scottish football player and manager.
- Carina Lidbom: Swedish actress, script author and stage manager for films.
- Jaco Van Dormael: Belgian film director noted for "Toto le Héros," 1991, for which he was awarded the César in 1992.
- Miklos Horthy: Hungarian admiral (Born 1868).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?