Wednesday 9 February 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James "Rachel" Bolan in Point Pleasant and Amanda Roocroft.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Love by Petula Clark.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Agatha Christie's 'Ten Little Indians', directed by George Pollock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1966 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- James "Rachel" Bolan in Point Pleasant: New Jersey, USA; rocker (Skid Row-Psycho Love).
- Amanda Roocroft: opera singer.
- Kool Shen: French rapper, producer, break dancer and graffiti artist, with Portuguese origins.
- Guy Lagache: French journalist and television personality who since October 2013 has presented the programmes "En quête d'actualité" and "Histoire interdite" on D8, also acting as the director of magazines and information.
- Harald Eia: Norwegian comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Sophie Tucker: Slavic-American actress, a star of the stage for 60 years, known for her big voice and flamboyant dress and jewels.
- Dow-Jones Index hits record 995 points
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Marvelettes - Don't Mess With Bill
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?