Sunday 9 February 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crimson And Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
La Grande Vadrouille, directed by Grard Oury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1969!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1969 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Todd Lyght: US football quarterback (Saint Louis Rams).
- Thomas Brandl in Bad Tolz: Germany; hockey forward (Team Germany 1998).
- Tom Scharpling: American comedian and radio host.
- Ian Eagle: American sportscaster.
- Jeff Pahukoa: NFL guard / tackle (Atlanta Falcons).
- Peta Edebone: Australian softball outfielder (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Jimmy Smith: American athlete, pro football player, a wide receiver. He began his professional career with the Dallas Cowboys in 1992, and joined the Jacksonville (FL) Jaguars in 1995. He announced his retirement on May 11, 2006, having completed 2005-2006 season. Smith set several records for the team and is considered among the top players in the National Football League.
- Boeing 747 made its 1st commercial flight
- KGTO TV channel 36 in Fayetteville, AR (ABC / NBC) begins broadcasting
- World's largest airplane, Boeing 747, makes first commercial flight.
- First test flight of the Boeing 747.
- The Boeing 747 makes its maiden flight.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Doors - Touch Me
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Booker T. & The MG's - Hang 'Em High
- Tyrone Davis - Can I Change My Mind
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?