Monday 9 February 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Celebration by Kool & The Gang.
In UK Shaddup You Face by Joe Dolce Music Theatre was in the top 5 hits.
The Dark Road, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1981!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1981 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Tom Hiddleston: Movie Actor.
- James Sullivan: Drummer.
- John Walker Lindh: American Taliban fighter.
- Joël Camathias: Swiss race car driver.
- Rina Chinen: Japanese entertainer singer model and actress.
- The Rev: American singer-songwriter and drummer (Avenged Sevenfold Pinkly Smooth and Suburban Legends) (d. 2009)
- Daisuke Sekimoto: Japanese wrestler
- John Lindh: American citizen who moved to Afghanistan to become a jihad warrior with the Taliban, using the various named of Suleyman al-Faris, Abdul Hamid and John Walker. He grew up in Marin County, CA. As a kid, he rejected Catholicism and discovered Islam on his computer. He identified with alternate cultures, anything but his own, even calling himself black for a while (via computer). At age 16 he read "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" and was drawn to the militant branch of Islam. He began to wear the
- Joel Camathias: Swiss racing driver
- Bruno Julliard: French political activist, who served from 2005 to 2007 as the chairman of the UNEF, the main student union in France. In 2011, Julliard came out publicly as gay.
- Bill Haley: American musician of Haley and the Comets rock group.
- Stardust fire: A fire at the Stardust nightclub in Artane, Dublin, Ireland in the early hours kills 48 and injures 214.
- Australia withdraws recognition of the Pol Pot regime in Cambodia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You
- John Lennon - Woman
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- Delbert McClinton - Giving It Up For Your Love
- Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 February 1981 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?