Tuesday 9 February 1988
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marrou Twins and Alanah Rae.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Could've Been by Tiffany.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Hairspray, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Ninja War Jiraiya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hundra or Caveman Ugh-Lympics.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1988 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Marrou Twins: American twin girls born to Kathy Marrou and her husband, top-rated TV news anchor man Chris Marrou.
- Alanah Rae: .
- Lotte Friis: Danish swimmer.
- NH begins a NCAA record 32-game losing streak at home (ends February 1991)
- 39th NHL All-Star Game: Wales beat Campbell 6-5 (overtime) at Saint Louis, Missouri.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?