Saturday 9 February 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 9 February 2008 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 February
- Jazeh Tabatabai: Iranian avant-garde painter, poet and sculptor.
- Christopher Hyatt Occultist: Philosopher and Author.
- Trichen Jurme Kunzang Wangyal: the eleventh Mindrolling Trichen, Tibetan Buddhist lama of the Nyingma school (Born 1930).
- Scot Halpin: American musician, temporary drummer for The Who (Born 1954).
- At a Philip Weiss auction, a 24-cent US postage stamp of 1869, Declaration of Independence with inverted-center error sells for US$1.27 million, a new record for a single US stamp.
- Writers Guild of America strike (2007–present): Hollywood writers reach tentative agreement with the major movie studios. (''The Washington Post'')
- Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee wins the Kansas Republican Party caucus and the Louisiana primary. (Reuters)
- Illinois Senator Barack Obama wins Democratic Party caucuses in Nebraska, Washington and the U.S. Virgin Islands and the primary in Louisiana. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Arizona Senator John McCain wins the Washington Republican primary. (''The Oregonian'')
- A suicide bomber kills 20 people at an opposition rally in Pakistan. (AFP)
- A fire at Camden Market in London, England forces the evacuation of residents. The London Ambulance Service reports no casualties. (BBC News)
- The Grand National Assembly of Turkey votes to change the Constitution of Turkey removing a ban on wearing religious head cover in Turkish universities. (''The New York Times'')
- The military government of Myanmar announces a national referendum to pass a new constitution will be held in May, and that democratic multi-party elections will take place in 2010. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?