Tuesday 9 January 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Fight Between a Lion and a Bull, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while To Have and to Hold by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1900 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Joseph Frederick: Wagner composer.
- Maria of Romania: Queen Consort of Yugoslavia (d. 1961).
- Richard Halliburton: American writer, adventurer, explorer and homosexual.
- The first through passenger train goes from Cairo to Khartoum.
- The U.S. Senate accepts the British-German treaty of 1899, in which the United Kingdom renounced its claims to the American Samoa portion of the Samoan Islands.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?