Wednesday 9 January 1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marianne Oswald and Vilma Bánky.
Le Cambrioleur insaisissable, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1901!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1901 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Marianne Oswald: French TV personality, an actress and comedienne as well as a producer.
- Vilma Bánky: Hungarian-American actress (d. 1991).
- Chic Young: American cartoonist (Born 1901).
- Richard Copley Christie: English scholar (Born 1830).
- New South Wales (918) defeat South Australia (157 and 156) by innings and 605.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 January 1901
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?