Tuesday 9 January 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Three Tales of Terror, directed by Jacob Fleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1912 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Ralph Tubbs: English architect designed the Dome of Discovery (d. 1996).
- Waldemar Fegelein: German Nazi military, a Colonel in the Waffen SS.
- US marines invade Honduras.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in Havana - Lyric Quartet
- Knock Wood - Sophie Tucker
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 January 1912 and get them!