Friday 9 January 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1914 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Derek Allhusen: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kenny [Klook] Clarke: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Jazz / drummer, composer (Epistrop).
- Lucien Bodard: French writer and journalist specialized in Asia.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc., the first historically black intercollegiate Greek-letter fraternity to be officially recognized at Howard University is founded.
- The Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. is founded at Howard University in Washington, D.C.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- On the Old Fall River Line - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 January 1914 and get them!