Friday 9 January 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Allhusen and Kenny [Klook] Clarke.
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1914 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Derek Allhusen: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kenny [Klook] Clarke: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Jazz / drummer, composer (Epistrop).
- Lucien Bodard: French writer and journalist specialized in Asia.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc., the first historically black intercollegiate Greek-letter fraternity to be officially recognized at Howard University is founded.
- The Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. is founded at Howard University in Washington, D.C.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- On the Old Fall River Line - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?