Saturday 9 January 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Fool There Was, directed by Frank Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1915 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Anita Louise New York City: New York, actress (My Friend Flicka).
- Jacqueline Dufranne: French screen and stage actress, who died on 16 March 2011 in Paris.
- Herbert Huncke: American writer.
- Hans Ruhle: Germany Military man.
- Pierre Devie: Castres Military man.
- Fernando Lamas: Argentinian-American actor singer and director (d. 1982)
- Anita Louise: Actress (Gorilla, Anthony Adverse), dies at about 55
- Exposition (now Civic) Auditorium dedicated, San Francisco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?