Sunday 9 January 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Bauer and Alain Bernardin.
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching FoxyTv (1916 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1916 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Albert Bauer: French scientist, who served as a geodesist and glaciologist on the French Polar Expeditions from 1948 to 1970.
- Alain Bernardin: French businessman.
- Francine Weisweiller: She was a daughter of prosperous French parents of jewish descent.
- Vic Mizzy: American composer (themes to Green Acres and The Addams Family) (Born 1916).
- Peter Twinn: English mathematician and entomologist (d. 2004).
- World War I: The Battle of Gallipoli concludes with an Ottoman Empire victory when the last Allied forces are evacuated from the peninsula.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Think We've Got Another Washington (Wilson is His Name) - Peerless Quartet
- America, I Love You - Sam Ash
- When You're in Love with Someone Who is Not in Love with You - Henry Burr & Helen Clark
- Noche Serena (Calm Night) - Emilio DeGogorza
- They Didn't Believe Me - Walter Van Brunt & Gladys Rice
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?