Sunday 9 January 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1921 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Douglas Nelson: Astoria Military man.
- Lister Sinclair: Indian-Canadian broadcaster and playwright (d. 2006).
- John Sperling: American businessman founded the University of Phoenix (d. 2014).
- Seymour Barab: composer.
- Greco-Turkish War: The First Battle of Inonu, the first battle of the war, began near Eskisehir in Anatolia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Japanese Sandman - Nora Bayes
- Fair One - Ted Lewis & His Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 January 1921 and get them!