Monday 9 January 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Divine Woman, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1928 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Domenico Modugno: Italian singer and songwriter who took top prize at the 1958 San Remo music festival for the song "Nel Blu, Dipinto Di Blu," a song know as, "Volare," in the U.S.
- Judith Krantz: American best-selling author of popular fiction books, several of which have been made into TV movies, "Scruples," "Princess Daisy" and "Mistral's Daughter.
- Pierre Garnier: French poet, journalist, teacher, essayist, and translator.
- Fernand J Saint Germain American politician (Representative-Democrat-Rhode Island: 1961-).
- Judith Krantz in New York City: New York, USA; author (Scruples, I'll Take Manhattan, Princess Daisy, Dazzle).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?