Thursday 9 January 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Fletcher and Anne Rivers Siddons.
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1936 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Peter Fletcher: Music teacher.
- Anne Rivers Siddons: American writer.
- Jan Snodgrass: American pro astrologer and co-author of "Compedium of Astrology" with Rose Lineman.
- Robert Wilson: American radio astronomer, he won the 1978 Nobel Prize for physics.
- Ylipe : French humorist, artist, and writer.
- John Gilbert: Canadian talk-show host based in Niagara Falls and Toronto, Ontario.
- Semi-automatic rifles adopted by US army.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?