Thursday 9 January 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1936 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Robert Wilson: American radio astronomer, he won the 1978 Nobel Prize for physics.
- Peter Fletcher: Music teacher.
- Jan Snodgrass: American pro astrologer and co-author of "Compedium of Astrology" with Rose Lineman.
- Anne Siddons: American author.
- Marko Veselica: Croatian academic and politician.
- John Gilbert: Canadian talk-show host based in Niagara Falls and Toronto, Ontario.
- Semi-automatic rifles adopted by US army.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?