Tuesday 9 January 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tonight and Every Night, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1945 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Vladimir Sabich: American ski champion.
- François Roussely: French former senior civil servant, currently Vice Chairman of Credit Suisse in Europe.
- Levon Ter-Petrosyan: Syrian-Armenian scholar and politician 1st President of Armenia.
- John Doman: American actor.
- Frank J Biondi Jr: President (HBO).
- Harun Farocki: Actor / director (Nicht loeschbares Feur)
- Juri Uluots: Estonian Prime Minister (Born 1890).
- US soldiers led by General Douglas MacArthur invade Philippines.
- World War II: The United States invades Luzon in the Philippines.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?