Thursday 9 January 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1947 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Patrice De Plunkett: French journalist and essayist who specializes in analyzing social issues.
- Maurice Charvet: French pro astrologer and publisher of the newsletter, Cedra.
- Ittoku Kishibe: Japanese actor and bass player (The Tigers and Pyg).
- Ronnie Landfield: American painter and educator.
- Street Scene opens at Adelphi Theater NYC for 148 performances
- Elizabeth ''Betty'' Short, the Black Dahlia, is last seen alive.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Dinah Shore
- Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?