Friday 9 January 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
I Walk Alone, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1948 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- William Cowsill in Newport: Rhode Island, USA; rock guitarist/vocals (Cowsills - "We Can Fly").
- Bill Cowsill: Newport, Rhode Island -- Rock guitarist / vocals (Cowsills-We Can Fly).
- Jan Tomaszewski: Polish footballer manager and politician.
- Cassie Gaines: backup Singer (Lynyrd Skynyrd) (d. 1977).
- Jean-Philippe Allenbach: French politician, president of the Mouvement Franche-Comté.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?