Friday 9 January 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Cowsill in Newport and Cassie Gaines.
I Walk Alone, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Dialing for Dollars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1948 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- William Cowsill in Newport: Rhode Island, USA; rock guitarist/vocals (Cowsills - "We Can Fly").
- Cassie Gaines: backup Singer (Lynyrd Skynyrd) (d. 1977).
- Jean-Philippe Allenbach: French politician, president of the Mouvement Franche-Comté.
- Bill Cowsill: Newport, Rhode Island -- Rock guitarist / vocals (Cowsills-We Can Fly).
- Jan Tomaszewski: Polish footballer manager and politician.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?