Monday 9 January 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1950 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Alec Jeffreys: English geneticist and academic.
- David Johansen: [Buster Poindexter] in New York; singer ("Hot! Hot! Hot!").
- Rio Reiser: German musician, singer for the rock group Ton Steine Scherben.
- The Israeli government recognizes the People's Republic of China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Master Painter - Peggy Lee & Mel Torme
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?