Wednesday 9 January 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
Room for One More, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1952 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Mathew Knowles: Music Producer.
- Mike Capuano: American politician, sworn in as a Dem.
- Eveline L: Herfkens; Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Frank Margerin: French author and illustrator of comics.
- Kaushik Basu: Indian economist and academic.
- Hugh Bayley: English politician
- Michael Capuano: American politician, United States Congressman from Massachusetts
- Marines give notice that they will recall Ted Williams to active duty
- Karel Sys wins European heavyweight boxing title.
- Belgian Pholien government resigns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?