Friday 9 January 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
The Little World of Don Camillo, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1953 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Javad Alizadeh: Iranian cartoonist and painter.
- Morris Gleitzman: English-Australian journalist and author.
- Shigeru So: Japanese runner.
- Takeshi So: Japanese runner.
- Hans Aanrud: Norwegian Author (Storken), dies at 89.
- Korean ferryboat Chang Tyong-Ho sank off Pusan killing 249
- Bevo Francis, Rio Grande College, scores 116 points in basketball game.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?