Saturday 9 January 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Feel Fine by The Beatles.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
Time to Love, directed by Metin Erksan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1965 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Cindy Brooks in East Hampton: Connecticut, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Carin Garbarra in East Orange: New Jersey, USA; soccer forward (Olympics-1996).
- Georg Franz in Straubing: Germany; hockey forward (Team Germany, Landshut).
- Vincent Brown: NFL inside linebacker (New England Patriots).
- Atsuo Kudo: hockey defenseman (Team Japan 1998).
- Darren Bennett: Australian-born American football player
- Iain Dowie: English football manager
- Haddaway: Trinidadian singer
- Eric Erlandson: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Hole RRIICCEE and Rodney & the Tube Tops)
- Andrei Nazarov: Estonian decathlete and coach
- Joely Richardson: English actress
- Muggsy Bogues: American basketball player; a guard, played pro basketball from 1987-2001. He appeared in 16 career NBA Playoff games. Only 5'3"and 136 pounds, he holds several records in the Charlotte Hornets' franchise.
- Farah Khan: Director
- Beatles65 album goes #1 and stays #1 for 9 weeks
- The Mirzapur Cadet College formally opens for academic activities in East Pakistan (now Bangladesh).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- The Larks - The Jerk
- The Impressions - Amen
- Julie Rogers - The Wedding
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 January 1965 and get them!