Monday 9 January 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie Huscroft in Creston and Dave Mcllwain in Seaforth.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Arrangement by Elia Kazan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Invaders.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1967 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Jamie Huscroft in Creston: British Columbia, Canada; NHL defenseman (Calgary Flames).
- Dave Mcllwain in Seaforth: Ontario, Canada; NHL center (Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Gary Teichmann: South African rugby player.
- Steve Harwell: American singer and musician (Smash Mouth).
- Giuliana Pavarotti: Italian noted family, the daughter of Adua and Luciano Pavarotti.
- Dave Matthews: Rock Singer
- Carl Bell: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Fuel)
- Claudio Caniggia: Argentinian footballer
- Georgia legislature seats Rep Julian Bond
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?