Tuesday 9 January 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Katie Anderson and Mardi Lunn in Liverpool.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Airport by Arthur Haile was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zimmer 13.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1968 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Katie Anderson: Kingston, Jamaica -- Canada 100m hurdler (1992, 96 Olympics - 7th Place ).
- Mardi Lunn in Liverpool: Sydney, Australia; golfer (1991 Thailand Open).
- Joey Lauren Adams: American actress.
- Al Schnier: American rock guitarist (moe.
- Catalina Saavedra: Chilean actress.
- Kokichi Tsuburaya: Japanese marathoner (1964 Olympics - Bronze Medalist), commits suicide.
- 1st ABA All-Star Game: East 126 beats West 120 at Indiana
- Surveyor 7 space probe soft lands on Moon
- US Surveyor 7 space probe soft lands on the Moon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 January 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Top #10 songs in the UK
- The Scaffold - Lily The Pink
- The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour (EP)
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Four Tops - Walk Away Renee
- Ain't Got No / I Got Life / Do What You Gotta Do - Nina Simone
- Georgie Fame - Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Love Affair - Everlasting Love
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Des O'Connor - 1-2-3 O'Leary
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?