Thursday 9 January 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Domingo Jean and Johanna Ikonen.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Königlich Bayerisches Amtsgericht.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1969 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Domingo Jean: Dominican / US baseball pitcher (Houston Astros).
- Johanna Ikonen: Ice hockey defenseman (Finland, Olympics - 1998).
- Lorenza Mario: Italian ballerina.
- Sean Seabrooks: American homicide; sentenced on 4/29/1994 to two consecutive life sentences at the state prison in Walpole after being convicted of the November 1992 murders of his wife and 17-month old son.
- Ladislav Vycpalek: Composer, dies at 86.
- 1st trial flight of Concorde
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
Top #10 songs in the UK
- The Scaffold - Lily The Pink
- Rolf Harris - Two Little Boys
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Archies - Sugar Sugar
- Marmalade - Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
- Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Fleetwood Mac - Albatross
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me Yester-You Yesterday
- Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band - I'm The Urban Spaceman
- Blue Mink - Melting Pot
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?