Tuesday 9 January 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're So Vain by Carly Simon.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1973!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1973 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Aaron Holbert: US baseball infielder (Saint Louis Cardinals).
- Ronald Hamming soccer player (FC Groningen: Fortuna Sittard).
- Samuel Gould: American noted family, son of Elliott Gould and Jennifer Jane Bogart.
- Julie Chrisley: Reality Star.
- Sean Paul: Jamaican ragga and hip hop musician.
- Angela Bettis: American actress director and producer
- Luna 21 launched, to Moon
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- The Four Tops - Keeper Of The Castle
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Gary Glitter - I Love You Love Me Love
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
- Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
- David Bowie - The Jean Genie
- The Sweet - Blockbuster
- The New Seekers - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
- T Rex - Solid Gold Easy Action
- Alvin Stardust - My Coo-Ca-Choo
- The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?