Saturday 9 January 1982
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Duchess Catherine and Kate Middleton.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bell.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Demons to Diamonds or Spider Fighter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1982!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1982 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Duchess Catherine: British royalty by marriage, she became the Duchess of Cambridge when she married Prince William, grandson of Queen Elizabeth II and son of Prince Charles.
- Kate Middleton: Royalty.
- Timmy Bowers: American basketball player.
- Catherine : Duchess of Cambridge.
- Grétar Steinsson: Icelandic footballer.
- 5.9 earthquake in New England and Canada; first since 1855.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 January 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- The J. Geils Band - Centerfold
- George Benson - Turn Your Love Around
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Bucks Fizz - The Land Of Make Believe
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Cliff Richard - Daddy's Home
- Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
- Julio Iglesias - Begin The Beguine (Volver A Empezar)
- Adam & The Ants - Ant Rap
- Abba - One Of Us
- Shakin' Stevens - Oh Julie
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?