Sunday 9 January 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sharad Malhotra and Marek Doronin.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Maneater by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Xtro, directed by Harry Bromley Davenport, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return of the Jedi by James Kahn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching No Problem!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beamrider or Flappy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1983!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1983 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Famous Birthdays:09 January
- British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher visits the Falkland Islands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?