Saturday 9 January 2016
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
The Hateful Eight, directed by Quentin Tarantino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2016
while Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids by Rob Elliott was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Message Received.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada or Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 2016!
Which were the important events of 9 January 2016 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 January
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2016?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?