Friday 9 July 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Bruno and Paul Ricard.
Salome Mad, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1909 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Jean Bruno: French librarian at the Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris from 1936.
- Paul Ricard: French inventor of the famous Ricard pasties and anisette in 1932.
- Basil Wolverton: American author and illustrator (d. 1978).
- Kasimir Felix Badeni: Premier of Polish / Austria (1895-97), dies at 62.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 July 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?