Sunday 9 July 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clan Fraser of Lovat and Lord Lovat [Shimi].
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1911 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Clan Fraser of Lovat: Soldier / landowner.
- Lord Lovat [Shimi]: Scottish cattle breeder / leader of clan Fraser.
- John A Wheeler: American physicist (d. 2008).
- Maurice Dumont: French army general, a director of intelligence in World War II.
- Ben Eastman: American runner.
- Rafael Obregon Loria: Costa Rican historian and educator. As he grew up in a home surrounded by books owned by his father, he soon learned many branches of knowledge and human knowledge. He also made studies of primary education in the John Rudin School and in 1931 completed his secondary education at the Liceo de Costa Rica where he earned a Bachelor of Science and Letters. After completing his studies, he returned to the classroom as a teacher and taught lessons in cosmography, mathematics, geography and history in
- Mervyn Peake: British artist, illustrator, author, poet, and playwright. He suffered from encephalitis during his last 10 yrs. He is best known for the "Gormenghast" trilogy. Married once.
- John Wheeler: American physicist and author (d. 2008)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sophie Tucker - Some of These Days
- My Beautiful Lady - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Two Little Love Bees - Reinald Werrenrath & Elizabeth Wheeler
- The Smiler - Vess Ossman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?