Friday 9 July 1915
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Leo Diamond and Arvid Storsveen.
The Dictator, directed by Oscar Eagle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1915 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- David Leo Diamond: Rochester, New York -- Composer (Paderewski Prize-1943).
- Arvid Storsveen: Norwegian resistance fighter and organizer of XU, the main intelligence gathering organisation within occupied Norway during World War II.
- Marcel Thevenet: France sport Champion.
- David Diamond: American composer and educator (d. 2005).
- Lee Embree: American sergeant and photographer (d. 2008).
- Germany surrenders South West Africa to Union of South Africa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- He Comes Up Smiling - Arthur Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?