Thursday 9 July 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Dale and Peter Ludwig.
Pretty Ladies, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1925 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Alan Dale: Brooklyn, New York -- Singer ( Show).
- Peter Ludwig: Businessman / art collector.
- Thomas A Luken: (Rep-D-Ohio, 1973-74, 77- ).
- Alan Dale in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer (Alan Dale Show).
- Guru Dutt: Indian filmmaker and actor (d. 1964).
- Charles E Wicks: American academic
- André Dauchy: French accordionist, also known as 'Jo La-Re-Do.'
- Otto Schmidt: German publicist, psychologist, dramatist and theatre director, 1956 - '70; a feature writer 1971 -' 76, an astrologer since 1952 and an author. He is a certified member of ‘Deutscher Astrologenverband/DAV, 1987 and since 1991, the director of a DAV-training centre (DAV-Ausbildungszentrum) in Bamberg, Germany, where he is an organizer of workshops and holiday courses.
- Dutt: Indian actor director and producer (d. 1964)
- Charles Wicks: American engineer author and academic (d. 2010)
- In Dublin, Oonagh Keogh becomes the first female member of a stock exchange in the world.
- Scopes Trial: In Dayton, Tennessee, the so-called ampquotMonkey Trialampquot begins with John T. Scopes, a young high school science teacher, accused of teaching evolution in violation of a Tennessee state law.
- Meher Baba begins his 44 year silence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Midnight Waltz - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Riverboat Shuffle - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?