Friday 9 July 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1926 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Murphy Anderson: American illustrator (d. 2015).
- Ben Mottelson: American-Danish physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Chiang Kai-shek appointed to national-revolutionary Supreme Commander
- Coup under General Sinel de Cordes in Portugal
- General Antonio Carmona takes power in a military coup in Portugal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I've Found a New Baby - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Jean Goldkette & His Orchestra - Sorry and Blue
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?