Saturday 9 July 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Raskolnikow, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1927 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Angelika Hohoff: Germany Actor.
- Leonard Patrick: "Red" Kelly; NHL hall of famer (Norris trophy).
- Ed Ames in Malden: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Mingo - Daniel Boone).
- David Diop: French West African poet, one of the most promising in his field, known for his contribution to the Négritude literary movement.
- Pierre Paulin: French furniture designer and interior designer, famed for his innovative work with Artifort in the 1960s and interior design in the 1970s.
- Ed Ames: American singer and actor (Ames Brothers)
- Susan Cabot: American actress (d. 1986)
- Red Kelly: Canadian ice hockey player coach and politician
- John Drew Jr: American actor (Born 1853).
- Atty William T Francis named Minister to Liberia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?