Wednesday 9 July 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1930 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Buddy Bregman in Chicago: Illinois, USA; orchestra leader (Eddie Fisher Show).
- Jean-Francis Held: French journalist and author, who died on 22 May 2003.
- Richard Demarco: Scottish artist, painter and promoter of the visual and performing arts.
- Elsa Lystad: Norwegian actress known for central roles on stage, TV, film, and radio.
- K Balachander: Indian actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- Buddy Bregman: American composer and conductor
- Janice Lourie: American computer scientist and graphic artist
- Roy McLean: South African cricketer and rugby player (d. 2007)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?