Thursday 9 July 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil-Doll, directed by Lionel Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1936 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- David Joel Zinman: NYC, New York -- Composer / conductor (Baltimore Symphony-1983).
- James Hampton: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Actor (Bugler Dobbs-F Troop, Teen Wolf).
- David Zinman in New York City: New York, USA; conductor (Baltimore Symphony-1983).
- Floyd Abrams: American attorney and advocate.
- Andre Pronovost: French-Canadian ice hockey player.
- Lino Banfi: Italian film actor and presenter, who has appeared in more than 100 films since 1960.
- Richard Wilson: Scottish actor, well known for his role as Victor Meldrew of "One Foot in the Grave," playing with his real-life wife, Annette Crosbie. The show ran from January 1990 to December 1995.
- June Jordan: American poet, writer and teacher (d. 2002)
- David Zinman: American violinist and conductor
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?