Thursday 9 July 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Joel Zinman and James Hampton.
The Devil-Doll, directed by Lionel Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1936 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- David Joel Zinman: NYC, New York -- Composer / conductor (Baltimore Symphony-1983).
- James Hampton: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Actor (Bugler Dobbs-F Troop, Teen Wolf).
- David Zinman in New York City: New York, USA; conductor (Baltimore Symphony-1983).
- Floyd Abrams: American attorney and advocate.
- Andre Pronovost: French-Canadian ice hockey player.
- Lino Banfi: Italian film actor and presenter, who has appeared in more than 100 films since 1960.
- Richard Wilson: Scottish actor, well known for his role as Victor Meldrew of "One Foot in the Grave," playing with his real-life wife, Annette Crosbie. The show ran from January 1990 to December 1995.
- June Jordan: American poet, writer and teacher (d. 2002)
- David Zinman: American violinist and conductor
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 July 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?