Wednesday 9 July 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don McPherson and James Scott.
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1941 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Don McPherson: Rocker.
- James Scott: Director (Strike it Rich).
- Scotty Baesler: (Rep-D-Kentucky).
- Takehide Nakatani: Japan -- Lightweight (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Karin von: Aroldingen in Germany; ballet dancer (New York City Ballet Company).
- Karin Aroldingen: German ballet dancer who joined the New York City Ballet in 1962. She became a soloist in 1967, and a principal dancer in 1972. She retired in 1984.
- Philippe Boudon: French architect and architectural academic professor
- Mac MacLeod: English musician
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?