Thursday 9 July 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1942 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Edy Williams: Salt Lake City, Utah -- Actress (Dr Minx).
- Chris Turner: Australian pro astrologer from 1974; author of "The Astrology Book of Calculations," 1984.
- Hermann Burger: Writer.
- Paul B Henry: (Rep-R-Michigan, 1985- ).
- Robert Frankel: Horse trainer.
- Richard Roundtree: American black actor, a leading man of the '70s who starred in the big hit "Shaft," 1971 and its two sequels, "Shaft's Big Score," 1972 and "Shaft in Africa," 1973, spinning off into a TV series. The son of a chauffeur and a housekeeper, he went to college on a football scholarship but dropped out, going through many job changes from janitor to model before joining the New York Negro Ensemble Company, 1967. He entered films in 1970, gaining fame as the super-sleuth, cool, ruthless and hip. An ac
- James McCarthy: American ecclesiastic, ordained a Roman Catholic priest on 6/01/1968 and began his ministry at St. Peter's in Monticello, moving later to St. Benedict's, a large Bronx parish, before joining the staff of Cardinal John O'Connor as secretary. Bishop McCarthy, with an open boyish Irish face, was caught in the widening scope of ecclesiastic scandal when it was revealed that he had had affairs with a number of women. With a public apology, he resigned his post on 6/11/2002.
- David Chidgey: Baron Chidgey English engineer and politician
- Anne Frank, 13, goes into hiding with her family and 4 other Jews
- Şükrü Saracoğlu forms the new (13th) government in Turkey.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?