Monday 9 July 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Anchors Aweigh, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1945 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Dean Koontz: American author and screenwriter.
- Root Slim: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1993).
- John Bunyard: American mass murderer.
- Lewis F Payne Jr: (Rep-D-Virginia).
- Dean R Koontz: American novelist.
- Minnette Lenier: American teacher and magician. With two Master's Degrees, a Ph.D. and multiple teaching credits and experience, she became interested in magic when asked to teach a class on the subject in 1966. She became skilled enough to become a member of the Magic Castle in Hollywood where she performed, and later met and married her husband, Jules Lenier. The marriage was later dissolved.
- Root Boy Slim: American entertainer (d. 1993)
- A forest fire breaks out in the Tillamook Burn (the third in that area since 1933).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?