Sunday 9 July 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Dillon and Adriano Panatta.
Winchester '73, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Andy Pandy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1950 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Thomas Dillon: American homicide; confessed on 7/02/1993 to the murder of five outdoors men, facing life in prison rather than the death penalty, as a result of plea bargaining.
- Adriano Panatta: Italian tennis player, winner of the singles championship December 1976.
- Richard Schulz: American nurse and former Mensan, a resident of the mountain community of Big Bear, CA.
- Viktor Yanukovych: Ukrainian politician, Prime Minister from November 21, 2002 who became embroiled in a bitter battle for election to the Presidency in late 2004.
- Amal ibn Idris al-Alami: Moroccan physician and neurosurgeon.
- Gwen Guthrie: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1999)
- 13.15 (33.40 cm) of rainfall, York, Nebraska (state 24-hour record)
- 13.15 inches (33.40 cm) of rainfall, York, Nebraska (state 24-hour record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?