Monday 9 July 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1951 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Dominique Bagouet: French dancer and choreographer, he was the founder of the Montpellier International Dance Festival.
- Chris Cooper: Kansas City, Missouri -- Actor (Thousand Pieces of Gold, Matewan).
- Māris Gailis: Latvian politician businessman and former Prime Minister of Latvia.
- President Truman asked Congress to formally end state of war with Germany
- US President Harry Truman asks US Congress to formally end state of war with Germany.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?