Thursday 9 July 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1953 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Margie Gillis: Canadian dancer and choreographer.
- Thomas Ligotti: American author.
- Dave Camp: (Rep-R-Michigan).
- Irina D Latysheva: Russian Cosmonaut.
- 1st helicopter passenger service (NYC)
- Phillies Robin Roberts ends streak of 28 consecutive complete games
- First helicopter passenger service (New York City).
- The US Treasury formally renames the Bureau of Internal Revenue the new name (which had previously been used informally) is the Internal Revenue Service.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rusty Draper - Gambler's Guitar
- Oh! - Pee Wee Hunt Orch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?