Tuesday 9 July 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly McGillis in Newport Beach and Marc Almond.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gay Cavalier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1957 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Kelly McGillis in Newport Beach: California, USA; actress (Top Gun, Accused, Witness).
- Marc Almond: British entertainer, the flamboyant homosexual singer of the ’80’s band, "Soft Cell.
- Michael Carter: American ordained Interfaith Minister, UFO contactee and author specializing in the topic of UFOs and religion.
- Paul Merton: British writer, actor, comedian, radio and television presenter.
- Kelly McGillis: American actress.
- Jim Paxson: American basketball player, he played for the Portland Trail Blazers and Boston Celtics between 1979 and 1990. He served as general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers for six years and now works as a consultant with the Chicago Bulls.
- Tim Kring: American screenwriter and producer
- Alexander Fyodorovich Gedike: Composer, dies at 80.
- Discovery of element 102 (Nobelium) announced.
- Elvis Presley's ''Loving You'' opens in theaters.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Andy Williams - I Like Your Kind Of Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?