Saturday 9 July 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everybody's Somebody's Fool by Connie Francis.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1960 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Yūko Asano: Japanese actress and singer.
- Wally Smith: Australian rugby player.
- Marc Mero: American wrestler and boxer.
- Eduardo Montes-Bradley: Argentinian journalist photographer and author.
- Christopher J "Gus" Loria: Newton, Massachusetts -- Major USMC / Astronaut.
- Edward Burlingame Hill: Composer, dies at 86.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
- Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
- Paul Anka - My Home Town
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?