Monday 9 July 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Tales of Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1962 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Louis A van Gasteren: Dutch actor (Willem van Oranje), dies at 74.
- The Starfish Prime high-altitude nuclear test is conducted by the United States of America.
- Andy Warhol's Campbell's Soup Cans exhibition opens at the Ferus Gallery in Los Angeles.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Emilio Pericoli - Al Di La'
- Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes) - Dee Dee Sharp
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?