Sunday 9 July 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Joe Kidd, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1972 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Ara Babajian: American drummer and songwriter (The Slackers Leftöver Crack and Star Fucking Hipsters).
- Derek Mills: Washington, DC -- 400m runner.
- Pete Kendall: NFL guard (Seattle Seahawks).
- Robert Weede: American baritone (Born 1903).
- 1st tour of Paul McCartney andWings (France)
- 86th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: S Smith beats I Nastase (46 63 63 46 75)
- Kathy Ahern wins LPGA George Washington Golf Classic
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- America - I Need You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?