Monday 9 July 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Suzanne Stokes and Ella Koon.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bad Girls by Donna Summer.
In UK Are 'Friends' Electric by Tubeway Army was in the top 5 hits.
Dracula, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sapphire & Steel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ABPA Backgammon or Auto Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1979!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1979 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
Famous Birthdays:09 July
- Dr Walter Massey is named director of Argonne national Lab.
- Voyager 2 flies past Jupiter.
- A car bomb destroys a Renault motor car owned by famed ''Nazi hunters'' Serge and Beate Klarsfeld at their home in France. A note purportedly from ODESSA claims responsibility.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Makin' It - David Naughton
- I Want You To Want Me (Live) - Cheap Trick
- Electric Light Orchestra - Shine A Little Love
- John Stewart - Gold
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?